Infections in the nails are not only caused by fungi belonging to the genus Candida, but they can also be the product of others, as is the case of Onychomycosis.
This derives from the dermatophyte Trichophyton
However, among the factors that have the highest incidence in the appearance of fungus under nails are the lesions, overexposure to moisture, and poor hygiene.
When these three factors are combined, the deterioration of the nails is even more noticeable and annoying.
When fungi of the genus Candida proliferate in the nails, they cause various changes.
To begin with, they increase the thickness of nail layers and deform them, which causes pain. In their more advanced stages, the fungus causes the loss of the nail.
In addition, fingernail fungus can cause changes in the color of the nails, this can range from yellow to shades of green, blue, and black.
In addition to the treatment prescribed by the doctor, some home remedies can be used to prevent fungus symptoms. Mostly, they are made up of very simple ingredients that are usually found at home.
Remember that you should not combine all the remedies at the same time and that it is not correct to apply them once.
For a natural remedy to give results, it is necessary to maintain the action in time and wait until the condition begins to subside.
Apple cider vinegar and hydrogen peroxide
The combination of apple cider vinegar and hydrogen peroxide creates a powerful antifungal remedy capable of eliminating nail fungus on both hands and feet.
It is a great fungus cure. This remedy can be supplemented with a little alcohol with a concentration of 90% since this is an antibiotic and antiseptic agent that fights a great variety of microorganisms.
To prepare it, you must follow the following instructions:
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar (62 mL)
- 2 tablespoons of alcohol at 90% concentration (20 mL)
- ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide (oxygenated water) (62 mL)
- Add all the ingredients in a glass container, cover and stir vigorously.
- Leave the container at rest for a few hours to concentrate the solution.
- Dip a piece of cotton in the remedy and rub it over the nails.
- Follow the treatment every day and you will get results in a short time.
- Repeat this procedure several times a day and never by inserting the dirty or used cotton into the container.
Another homemade fungus cure is the use of garlic. Garlic is one of the most effective natural antimicrobials to combat fingernail fungus. While it can be applied directly, you can also be included in a foot bath. To prepare it, you will only need a couple of ingredients, which we will indicate below:
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of water (500 mL)
- Grind 10 garlic and pour them into a pot with two cups of water.
- Boil them and allow a decoction to be made for 3 or 5 minutes and remove it.
- When the water is warm, put your feet in the water. Leave them there for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat the process 3 times a week.
Natural yogurt is a very effective natural remedy since it has active cultures of bacteria that alter the environment that fungi need to proliferate.
- ½ cup of plain yogurt (120 g)
- 1 brush
- With the help of a clean brush, apply a generous amount of plain yogurt on the affected nail.
- Let it dry and remove the excess with a damp cloth.
- Repeat the remedy every day, up to 3 times a day.
Remember that you can also add yogurt to your diet so that your probiotics strengthen defenses and prevent other types of fungal infections.
Although these remedies are effective, their action is not immediate and should not exclude, in any case, the treatment prescribed by the doctor.
Therefore, you have to wait
The continuity of the treatment and the good hygiene used in each step will guarantee to obtain good results.